Thursday, March 24, 2011

In The Flesh?

"Is there something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes,
you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise."

--Roger Waters

So, i've finally set up my travel rig.  It consists of a PS3 running Linux with a powered USB hub, using a mobile broadband card for network access.  Ideally, this thing would be using 3g, but i haven't been able to connect to it anywhere yet; it just defaults back to the 1xRTT slow-as-hell network.  Which i guess is tolerable, if that's what it comes down to.

So, i'm pretty much moving to Omaha at the end of April.  I'm gonna miss the hell out of this town, but it's time for me to see some of the rest of the world.  It's been long enough.  And it's not too far away to move back in case i change my mind once i get there!  This is partially what the travel rig is for.  I'm only about 1/2 paid off on my car, and i may have the previous owner hold on to my computer (and a handful of other things) as collateral, and to ensure that i'll return to this town some day.

I'm starting to miss this place already.  GDMF.

No comments:

Post a Comment